Architectural Tour 2018
Meet at Palos Park Rec Center parking lot - Bus boarding @ 8:30am. 8901 W. 123rd Street Palos Park
May 10th, 2018 8:30am.-5:30pm.
Member $95.00 Non-Member $100.00
Please note: All tickets are nonrefundable.
Literary Chicago & the Arts
Travel with Palos Fine Arts and City Ventures and visit the newly opened American Writers Museum and more! The American Writers Museum is a museum of American Literature and writing that opened in Chicago in May 2017. “Thoreau had his cabin; Emily Dickinson had her bedroom; and now America will have what organizers are saying is the first museum dedicated to the collective accomplishments of the nation’s writers.” - NYTimes. Visit the newly opened American Writers Museum where instead of manuscripts and first editions, you will find interactive touch screens and high-tech multimedia installations galore, like a mesmerizing “Word Waterfall.” Following an overview introduction, delve into this remarkable literary museum on your own!
- Lunch is a special treat at the private club, The Cliff Dwellers. Located directly across from the Art Institute you will enjoy a gourmet buffet luncheon in an artistic and refined setting. Be sure to step out onto the Outdoor Terrace to take in the outstanding views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan.
- Following lunch, we’ll make a stop at The Palette and Chisel Academy of Fine Arts. The Palette and Chisel Academy of Fine Art is an association of representational artists founded in Chicago in 1895 and is the second oldest artist organization in the United States. View the special exhibit featuring Laura Catherwood and enjoy their permanent collection as well.
- Located nearby, you’ll be amazed as you wander RH Chicago, the Gallery at the Historic Three Arts Club. The Three Arts Club was founded in 1912 to provide a home and club for “young women engaged in the practice or study of the arts in the city of Chicago.” This Byzantine style building, designed by Holabird & Roche, opened in 1915 with three floors of dormitory rooms for about 100 women and an elegantly flowing main floor that included a library, tea room, open courtyard, and dining room. Today, it is an exquisite showroom for Restoration Hardware, who lovingly restored this historic building.
- Featuring the newly opened American Writers Museum
- Lunch at The Cliff Dwellers
- View the Palette and Chisel Academy of Fine Arts
- Visit the Gallery of the Historic Three Arts Club, now home of RH Chicago
Fill out the form below. Send a check written out to PALOS FINE ARTS, in MEMO: Architectural Tour 2018 - Mail to: Joyce Eul 12832 S. Mill Road Palos Park, IL 60464. For more information: 773-405-2643. All tickets are nonrefundable.